Partnerships with families
Information for Parents
Established relationships with parents means we can share information positively and effectively to support children as much as possible.
Open communication between parents and staff is strongly encouraged. Teachers are encouraged to learn what is important to you as a parent and to use that information when programming for the group. We encourage ongoing dialogue between the school and parents.
Our School App
All parents are given a copy of our ICT policy in full to read and sign at the beginning of each new school year and invited to use our Nursery Tapestry App for observation and communication. The app is classed as a learning journal and info about it can be found here - https://tapestry.info. You can download the app or use the website at this address - https://tapestryjournal.com/. Follow the instructions in the ICT policy (which can be found in the resources section) to get set up with the app. We strongly recommend that every parent creates an account
Accidents & Injuries
If your child is injured while at the nursery, staff will administer basic first aid. If medical attention is required, attempts will be made to reach the parents immediately. Staff will call Emergency Services if required.
Ballymena Nursery School has a healthy eating policy. We provide healthy snacks in Nursery, when the children have the option of fresh water or milk to accompany their break.
Parents are encouraged to be part of the life of our Nursery through our:
- Nursery Induction Programme/Information Pack
- Parent Information afternoon/evening
- Parental questionnaires/suggestion box/Tapestry APP
- Children’s and parents’ lending library
- “Big Bed time Read”- Shared story times/ bags of books
- Children’s Maths in a bag lending service
- Swap, share and sell parents’ notice board
- Formal/informal meetings/ Parental consultations
- Coffee / chat sessions for parents
- End of year transition reports.
- IEP discussion and reviews.
- Nursery nativity
- Nursery Fun Activity Day
- Nursery Stay and Play dates
- Fund raising dates
- Gardening/Eco schools group
- Parent representatives on the Board of Governors
- Volunteering/helping in Nursery.
Some Useful Information
We strongly encourage parents to use our resources section regularly. It is a place we can share information positively and effectively to support your children as much as possible.
Other Useful Resources